Features and Benefits
- ultrasonic disc generates a continuous cleaning action within the sample cell to reduce maintenance frequency
- compensation for temperature and lamp deterioration minimizes re-calibration requirements
- long life lamp
- desiccant chamber keeps electronics dry in humid conditions
- continuous display updates every one second
- no consumables or chemical used
- sample flow returns to the process
- sample cell can be exchanged with prepared samples for easy testing and calibration
- Light scatter technology responds to petroleum, synthetic and vegetable oils
- Continuous on-line monitoring without chemicals or lag time
- Internal ultrasonic pad helps keep the flow-through sample cell clean to reduce contamination error
- no tools necessary for routine maintenance
On-line alarm for oil presence in filtered effluent and cooling water
The HydroSense 3420 offers a low cost approach to monitoring ppm concentrations of emulsified free oils in clean water. Combining many unique design features into a compact package makes this an ideal solution to monitoring for oil leaks in your water system.
The HydroSense 3420 uses a light scatter technique to respond to oil contamination in the water.
A slip stream approach directs a continuous sample flow through the HydroSense unit and back into the process stream. While it passes through the sample cell a controlled light source is directed into the water. The emulsified oils in the water will scatter the light toward the light sensors placed strategically around the cell. The intensity of light energy is measured to provide an indication of the ppm concentration.
Operating Temp. 10˚C to 50˚C (optional to 90˚C)
Power Input 24 vdc or 110 vac or 220 vac
Alarm Relays 2 x 2 amp, SPDT, dry
Output 4-20 mA or RS-485
Standards UL, CSA, CE
Enclosure Type 4X polycarbonate, IP65
Range 0-100ppm, minimum alarm setpoint 3 ppm
Display Resolution 0.1 ppm
Instrument Accuracy +/- 0.1 ppm
Process Accuracy +/- 1.0 ppm under stable conditions
Oil Type All free and non-dissolved oils, > 2 micron
The performance is based on the site calibration to a known oil concentration in stable background water. Changes in oil make-up and background stability may affect the output. Through a simple calibration, this unit correlates well with laboratory ISO and EPA methods.
Video Mini Clips
Related Papers from our library